Amalgamation Day in Lagos, 1914

Amalgamation Day in Lagos, 1914

01 January, 2011

A violent end to 2010

So, we've had the bomb blasts in Jos, the bomb blasts in Bayelsa, and continued attacks by extremists in Borno.

Beyond these incidents, the overall tenor of violence has definitely gone up a notch ahead of the 2011 Elections (which will probably be rigged).

What can I say?

What can I do?

I was going to launch into a long, exhaustive essay .... but the strength to do so fails me at the moment. It is just so depressing.

Maybe sometime in the New Year.

For now, I will simply repeat the mantra of this blog .... to create a New Federal Republic, we must substantively, aggressively and systemically reform, restructure and transform Nigeria.

It is not a choice or an option but a strategic life-and-death necessity!

We just can't continue to live like this.

God Bless Nigeria. May the souls of the those we lost this year Rest In Peace.

EDIT: Minutes after I initially posted this, I stumbled upon this report of a bomb blast at the Army barracks in Abuja. The explosion took place today, quite possibly while I was typing the post. I start to think maybe I should get involved in politics myself. Writing blog posts doesn't really change anything in the real world. It is so frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment